Technology of the week: LastPass. Here are all the details…
What is LastPass?
LastPass is a password manager that simplifies everything you do online by remembering your passwords, logging into your sites with one click, creating strong passwords for every account.
What does it do?
With LastPass, you only remember one master password and LastPass takes care of the rest. It fills your logins for you and instantly syncs from your desktop to your laptop, your computer to your smartphone, your tablet to the web, so you never struggle to remember another password. LastPass is free no matter what device you use! There is also a business version for organisations.
Users can set LastPass up as an extension or download the app on their smartphone or tablet. This is how it works and some of the functions:
- Save, encrypt and backup all your passwords and logins, automatically
- Sync your data no matter which browser, computer, or mobile device you use
- Only one strong master password to remember
- Securely store more logins, with more universal recognition of websites, including bank logins
- All the features you need to be more productive and efficient
- Only YOU know your master password, LastPass never has your key
- Secure offline access to your data via the browser extensions and mobile apps
Why does it benefit assistants?
It can be difficult remembering your passwords at the best of time but if you also have to remember your Executive’s some help might be useful. LastPass is really simple to use and offers a secure way of remembering various website passwords for your Executives.
Why is it Practically Perfect PA’s tech of the week?
Keeping passwords safe and secure is really important so what is there to lose with this technology! Suggestion LastPass to your Executive also shows that you are security conscious and also aware of how important it is to keep their online life confidential.