I thought I would start the day by launching the Future Assistant 2018! Hurrah! Following the success of the last two Assist Conferences, which both sold out, I couldn’t wait to tell you about what we have planned for the new conference and I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to book their place on the conference.
So what can I tell you about the Future Assistant 2018? Well, firstly this is still very much the Assist Conference, however, we have decided to change the name slightly to highlight the overall theme of the event. Every session, speaker, topic, roundtable, panel, debate and networking activities will focus on the future of the role. I think it is imperative that Assistants are equipped with all of the skills they need to succeed as the role changes, which it has been dramatically over the last decade and will continue to do in the foreseeable future.
The Future Assistant will take place on Thursday 8th and Friday 9th February 2018 in London. That’s right, the conference will take place over two days, which is a first for us. Why two days? Very simply, we have a lot of stuff to share! Here is a little more details on next year’s conference and why I think it is well worth you guys coming along!
Launching the Future Assistant 2018
The Future Assistant will empower you to take your career to the next level. Every session topic has been chosen to enable you to future proof your skills and competencies. Our line-up of incredible speakers will inspire you, they will share their hard-fought triumphs and they will give you real and practical guidance to add value within your organisation as a modern day assistant.
During the Future Assistant you will connect with like-minded assistants, hear inspirational stories from top-level business professionals, learn valuable tips you can take straight back to the office and share your challenges and achievements in our open and friendly environment.
Our overall objective is to empower you. We want you to go back to your conference with the inner confidence you need to take your career to the next level and roll with the changes that will face you as the role changes and evolves. We have four key objectives for the conference, they are:
- What does the future hold? Keep up to date with the latest developments and learn what is in store for the PA industry
- A Virtual World. Don’t become obsolete through lack of technology skills
- What do you want to be known for? PAs can no longer be a ‘jack of all trades’. Find the skills that make you stand out from the crowd.
- Find your tribe. Get to know everyone in the room through structured networking and interactive sessions
As ever, the Future Assistant, will have a mixture of formats ranging from panel sessions to workshops, from roundtable sessions to keynote speakers. We will focus on best practice and learning from other assistants.
So what about the content? Here are some of the programme highlights:
- The Impact of Technology on the working life of an Assistant
- The Future Assistant – Tech ready and SUPER productive
- Pimping the staff away day
- How to train your manager to make the most of their PA
- Interviews with Executives and their high flying Assistants
- The Time Manager – Managing your own and your Executive’s time
- Confidence in Practice
- Effective email management for busy Assistants and overwhelmed bosses
- Job descriptions for the future PA
- New initiatives for PAs in the workplace
Register for a place
On the website you can see an outline of the content, the key themes, and some of our wonderful speakers. We will be announcing more speakers and sessions over the coming weeks.
As the conference is over two days you can come along for one day or for the full conference. At the moment we are offering an early booking price, which will close on the 31st October 2017. Here are the current prices:
You can buy your early booking discount tickets on the Future Assistant 2018 website. I am really excited to be launching the Future Assistant 2018. The Future Assistant will focus on the skills and qualities Assistants require to future proof their careers. The role of the assistant is changing pretty rapidly these days and I wanted to make sure you have everything you need to cope with the changes coming your way.