Over the last few months I have been busy behind the scenes working on the programme for Assist 2017. It is coming together really well, so I thought now would be a good time to share 10 reasons why I think you lovely lot should attend. It is on Friday 24th February in London. We have packed the day full of brilliant content, speakers and lots and lots of practical sessions designed for you to take back to the office with you. Places are still available for only £300+VAT.
- Every session is designed to enhance your unique tool kit of skills. You will leave Assist 2017 with practical knowledge that you can immediately put into practice back in the office.
- There are also lots of opportunities over the course of the conference to meet and network with every other assistant in the room. By the end of the day you will know every other assistant attending the conference.
- We have a dedicated LinkedIn session run by the UK’s top trainer on the platform. Mark Williams aka Mr LinkedIn will provide fantastic examples and advice for any assistant who would like to get more out of LinkedIn and integrate it into their role.
- There will be a number of specific soft skills sessions for assistants, including an interactive keynote, from award winning coach and author Jenny Garrett, on confidence in the workplace. Jenny’s mission is to transform the world for everyone, one empowered woman at a time. She uses her years of experience in coaching and leadership to inspire and motivate people, working with them to deliver career and life changing results beyond expectation.
- We have four fantastic case studies from brilliant assistants who have undertaken a project that has moved their career forward. We will hear how they got involved in the project, what the work did for their career, what skills they took up during the process and their take home tips.
- Once again, the relationship between Assistant and their Executive will be at the heart of the conference. We will have an in depth interview with a top level PA and her brave Executive. They will share how they work together, what key skills the assistant needs to compliment her Executive and they will both offer delegates advice to make the relationship work.
- We will have all of the latest office tech and apps on display and ready for you to test, play with and take back to the office.
- For assistants who need to update their little black book of contacts we will have a brilliant ‘speed networking’ session where all of the delegates will be swapping details on those great suppliers.
- Moving the assistant industry forward must come from within the industry itself. At Assist 2017 we will focus on how we can shape the future of the role, the skills we will need to enhance our fantastic tool kit of never ending skills and how we can finally get the reward and recognition that we deserve.
- The Assist Conference will not be your run of the mill stuffy conference. We want to do things a little differently so expect this conference to be fun, engaging and, most importantly, relevant to you as an assistant!
If you would like to attend but are not sure if you will get approval from your Executive hopefully this blog will help. I also have a business case letter that you can send to your boss to help with any conversations you will have regarding training for 2016. If you would like the business case, please do get in touch and I will send to straight to you via email.
Assist Conference 2017
During the conference, we will be discussing all of the important tools that assistants need to succeed in the role – now and in the next 5 years. Taking place on the 24th February in London for only £300+VAT. If you would like to book your place on the conference, check out the programme or the speakers, please do make your way over to the website.