Over the last few months I have been busy behind the scenes working on the programme for Assist 2016. It is coming together beautifully so I thought now would be a good time to share 10 reasons why I think you lovely lot should attend. It is on Friday 26th February in London. We have packed the day full of brilliant content, speakers and lots and lots of practical sessions designed for you to take back to the office with you. Places are still available for only £300+VAT.
- We have a dedicated social media session run by assistants who are all social media gurus, including Jacqui Quigley from LinkedIn and Jennifer Corcoran, Finalist for Social Media PA of the Year 2015. They will provide fantastic examples and advice for any assistant who would like to get more out of social media and integrate it in to their role. Our social media gurus are real examples of how online networking benefits assistants.
- There are also lots of opportunities over the course of the conference to meet and network with every other assistant in the room. By the end of the day you will know every other assistant attending the conference.
- There will be a number of specific skills based sessions for assistants, including an interactive workshop from Heather White, founder of Smarter Networking, on that all important question ‘what are you good at?’ Heather will give attendees practical advice on how to build your personal brand and ensure that you are top of the list when it comes to these new projects and opportunities.
- We have four fantastic case studies from brilliant assistants who have undertaken a project that has moved their career forward. We will hear how they got involved in the project, what the work did for their career, what they learnt during the process and their take home tips.
- The relationship between Assistant and her Executive will be at the heart of the conference. Bonnie Cookson, EA at Hailo and her very brave boss Andrew will be up on stage together sharing the details on their how they work together and offering our delegates best practice tips.
- We will have all of the latest office tech and apps on display and ready for you to test, play with and take back to the office.
- For Assistants who book meetings, organise events and manage client entertainment it is vital that you keep up to date with all of the latest venues, coolest restaurants and bars. We will have a panel session from the industry insiders who will share those hidden gems and tips on how to get your Exec, colleagues and clients that last minute table.
- Moving the assistant industry forward must come from within the industry itself. At Assist 2016 we will focus on how we can shape the future of the role, the skills we will need to future proof our careers and how we can finally get the reward and recognition that we deserve.
- The Assist Conference will not be your run of the mill stuffy conference. We want to do things a little differently so expect this conference to be fun, engaging and, most importantly, relevant to you as an assistant!
- The Assist Conference is a Practically Perfect PA event so expect lots of practical advice from speakers who understand your role, the challenges you face and the potential you have to move up in your chosen profession.
If you would like to attend but are not sure if you will get approval from your Executive hopefully this blog will help. I also have a business case letter that you can send to your boss to help with any conversations you will have regarding training for 2016. If you would like the business case please do get in touch and I will send to straight to you via email.