Following the success of the Assist Conference I have decided to organise a few more events throughout the year. First up we have Assist Travel taking place on Friday 25th September 2015 from 10am to 4pm in London. This is a free to attend event for Practically Perfect PA subscribers.
Why should you attend Assist Travel?
Choosing a supplier for your office is not easy, particuarly when it comes to business travel. There are so many options and the prices range from budget to, shall we say, extravagant! Assistants have to navigate their corporate travel policy while ensuring their Executives have a smooth business trip while relying on suppliers to make that happen. At Assist Travel you will meet with travel suppliers who anticipate your needs, network with like-minded assistants and learn from travel professionals who understand the industry inside and out.
What are the key themes?
I know that a day out of the office for assistants is precious and finding the time to attend an event is difficult but as most of us organise business travel for our Executives and our colleagues we have to stay up to date on this area of our role. Here are the key themes for Assist Travel:
- The importance of seamless travel management
- Travel best practice
- Travel technology
- Travel trends
We are working on the programme for Assist Travel but like all of the Practically Perfect PA events, Assist Travel is a different type of event. We will have a mixture of training sessions, time with our exhibitors and we will make sure that all of you get to know each other throughout the day. I like to think of our events as relaxed, welcoming affairs in which everyone feels at home. Here are a few other examples of what we do slightly differently:
1. We place content at the very heart of our event. Sessions don’t take place on the fringes while a noisy exhibition takes centre stage. The content is at the core of our event.
2. For us content is crucial. We spend considerable time recruiting, briefing and supporting our speakers. They know they are talking to a room full of assistants and tailor their content accordingly.
3. 1.2.1 meetings with our suppliers are completely optional. If you only want to attend to learn from our fantastic speakers then that is perfectly fine. You can do a couple of meetings or loads.
4. We have selected a specific number of suppliers in key areas. We seek to find a variety of providers who offer different services, packages and prices to ensure our attendees find the right travel suppliers.
5. Assist Travel. You will see that our event looks and feels very different from any event you have attended before. It’s an event with a heart. We remove barriers between speakers, attendees and exhibitors. We create a unique atmosphere that enables attendees to enjoy the experience.
Who will exhibit?
When it comes to the travel industry there is so much choice. How do you know which airline to fly with, which hotel to book and which travel management company to rely on? Assistants can often make decisions based on very little information, especially if their Executive is travelling to a far flung destination without much notice. Our suppliers know these are the predicaments faced by assistants. They will be at Assist Travel to show you how their products can help. With a select group of 15 exhibitors attending Assist Travel we will ensure that you are not bombarded by sales folk.
Book your place
As hard as it is to get out of the office I also know it is pretty difficult for assistants to receive funding for training courses. This is why Assist Travel is free to attend. There are only 250 places available so do book now to avoid any temper tantrums later! To attend the event you have to be responsible for booking some serious travel for your Executives. For those reading this by email click here to book your place.