What is Expensify?
Expensify’s moto is “Expense reports that don’t suck!” Founded back in 2008 Expensify have a number of features that make processing expenses easier.
What does it do?
There are a few different elements that make up the Expensify website, here are just a few features
- Expensify enables users to import expenses directly from personal and corporate card transactions
- Users can take pictures of their receipts via a mobile phone using SmartScanning. SmartScan inputs the receipt information, then matches the receipt to the expense, eliminating any manual entry
- Administrators can process hundreds of reports and the system can be centrally managed by an administrative or finance team.
- Receipts can be snapped on the go which means users are less likely to lose receipts
- Integration with user’s current accounting and payroll systems are available
- The Expensify App is available to all users and can be linked to the user’s account
Prices for Expensify software start from $5 per user / month
How does it benefit assistants?
Processing expenses does suck! However, it is an integral part of the assistant role so any software that claims to make expenses easier to manage is a huge benefit in my book!
Why is it Practically Perfect PA’s technology of the week?
It is around this time of the year that expenses start to pile up on an assistants desk. Everything has be accounted for and wrapped up prior to the new year and Executives will suddenly find numerous outstanding receipts from business trips dating back to the Spring! I really like that Expensify allows users to snap receipts and will automatically process the content. This is handy for assistants and it means we don’t have to spend hours photocopying receipts.