It goes without saying that the venue is a crucial part of any event that you organise, there are a lot of factors that need to be considered before you book the venue. Let’s assume that all of the groundwork has been completed. you know why you are having the event and hoe much you have to spend, you have conducted some research on venues and you have a short list. The next step is visiting the venue itself. There are a lot of questions that you should ask the venue, here are my top 20.
- Is the venue available on the date you require?
- Can the venue offer any discounts (especially during their off-season)?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- How much is the deposit?
- Does the venue have a list of required suppliers?
- Do we have to use the venue’s suppliers?
- Has the venue ever had an event like yours before?
- Does the venue have on site catering? If so, what are the costs?
- Are there minimum food and drink numbers?
- Can we sample the menu prior to the event?
- What AV does the venue have?
- Are there parking facilities? Does this come with an additional cost?
- Does the venue have complimentary WiFi and what are the capabilities?
- Does the venue include furniture in the room hire?
- What else is included in the room hire?
- Is there space for all of our activities – i.e. team building games?
- Who will be the main point of contact on the day of our event?
- How flexible is the room set up? Can our delegates easily move seats and chairs around if they need to?
- What access do we have to the venue prior to the event? If we have a big set-up can we get in the night before?
- Do we have to share the venue with anyone else? If so, how will the venue manage these different groups?
Finding a venue for all of your needs can be tricky but if you ask the right question you should be able to get exactly what you need for your event.
The Crystal Venue, London
On September 2012, as part of its sustainable cities initiative, Siemens opened The Crystal on London’s Royal Victoria Docks. The venue is designed in the shape of a crystal to reflect the many facets of sustainability. The Crystal has seven flexible meeting rooms that can accommodate 25 people on average. The auditorium can hold 270 people and is ideal for conferences, presentations and film screenings. The Crystal also has a large inside and outside space which is perfect for trade shows, product launches and events. The space is incredibly flexible for all types of events, the venue has use of some great technology and it is one of the world’s greenest buildings.